By Yi Huang
Practical, concise and entire reference for the fundamentals of recent antenna design
Antennas: from thought to Practice discusses the fundamentals of recent antenna layout and conception. constructed particularly for engineers and architects who paintings with radio communications, radar and RF engineering, this booklet deals useful and hands-on remedy of antenna concept and methods, and gives its readers the talents to examine, layout and degree a number of antennas.
- Provides thorough insurance at the fundamentals of transmission traces, radio waves and propagation, and antenna research and design
- Discusses commercial ordinary layout software program instruments, and antenna size apparatus, amenities and techniques
- Covers electrically small antennas, cellular antennas, UWB antennas and new fabrics for antennas
- Also discusses reconfigurable antennas, RFID antennas, Wide-band and multi-band antennas, radar antennas, and MIMO antennas
- Design examples of assorted antennas are provided
- Written in a pragmatic and concise demeanour by way of authors who're specialists in antenna layout, with adventure from either academia and industry
This booklet can be a useful source for engineers and architects operating in RF engineering, radar and radio communications, looking a entire and useful advent to the fundamentals of antenna layout. The e-book is additionally used as a textbook for complex scholars getting into a career during this box
Read or Download Antennas. From theory to practice PDF
Similar microwaves books
Construction at the good fortune of the former versions Foundations ofInterconnect and Microstrip layout deals vast new, up to date andrevised fabric dependent upon the newest study. as well as thecomprehensive details on designing microstrip circuits there's anentirely new bankruptcy on coplanar waveguide (CPW) layout and substantialnew fabric on designing gigahertz-rate electronic interconnects either on andoff chip.
Modeling, Simulation, layout and Engineering of WDM structures and Networks presents readers with the fundamental abilities, options, and layout innovations used to start layout and engineering of optical verbal exchange platforms and networks at a number of layers. the newest semi-analytical method simulation concepts are utilized to optical WDM platforms and networks, and a assessment of some of the present components of optical communications is gifted.
Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) has develop into the software to layout any form of public safety structures, specifically as a result strongly elevated defense calls for for cellular platforms. during this ebook, the authors exhibit how TETRA should be strongly more desirable and those advancements will most likely be a part of destiny TETRA criteria.
This booklet covers complicated issues in dynamic modeling of soil-foundation interplay, in addition to the reaction of elastic semi-infinite media from an functions standpoint. complicated recommendations corresponding to recommendations for research of elastic semi-infinite mediums, fluid movement in porous media, and nonlinearities in dynamic habit are defined in nice aspect.
- Patterns of Light: Chasing the Spectrum from Aristotle to LEDs
- Ring Resonator Systems to Perform Optical Communication Enhancement Using Soliton (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Low-Power Wireless Infrared Communications
- Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks (Wiley Series on Parallel and Distributed Computing)
- Photonic Crystals: Towards Nanoscale Photonic Devices
- Photonics: A Short Course (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
Extra info for Antennas. From theory to practice
It is worth noting that the reverse-traveling current has a minus sign with the amplitude, this means a phase change of 180 degrees and reflects the direction change in the returned current. The velocity of the wave is another parameter of interest and it can be determined from the phase term: ωt − βz. e. 14), the velocity is a function of frequency, which is a well-known dispersion problem (change with frequency). 17) where λ is the wavelength. The phase constant is also called the wave number.
Thus, this condition does not mean high frequency. It applies for any frequency when this condition is met. 22) Thus, it is the same as the lossless case. The characteristic impedance is a pure resistance and is determined by L and C; it is not a function of the frequency. This is why the characteristic impedance of industrial standard transmissions has a constant value, normally 50 or 75 ohms, over a large frequency band, even when the line loss is not zero. 23) The loss (attenuation) is caused by the resistive loss R and the material loss G between the conductors.
A load with an impedance of 10 − j100 is to be matched with a 50 transmission line. Design a matching network and discuss if there are other solutions available. 14(a) is a suitable matching network. 04, 80). Now let us see if there are other possible solutions. 9). In addition, we can also use T and π networks to match the load with the transmission line and the bandwidth can be controlled. Circuit Concepts and Transmission Lines 47 It is apparent that, for a given load impedance, there is more than one matching network available.